Thursday, March 14, 2013

Driving

      A quick follow up to my last post, yesterday (Wednesday, March 13, 2013), a new Pope was chosen! Pope Francis. This is a very big deal, as he is the first non-European (since the middle ages) and the first Jesuit Pope. He is man of the people, and he is expected to show a new face of the Catholic Church.

      On to my next post, driving. Once we hit the sweet age of 16, everyone pretty much drives. I know there are some exceptions, but to most, driving is an everyday occurrence. Many teenagers see driving as the big right of passage, an exiting thing that will once-and-for-all finally get them some freedom. I....was the opposite. I saw driving as a necessity that I'd eventually have to do. After all, I didn't get my license until I had an actual need to.

      Now, driving has changed somewhat for me. I commute to school, so I use it as time to just be by myself, to think about my day, listen to music, and sing as loud as my off-key heart desires. I also use the time to critique others driving and comment on it.

     Yes, I know they don't hear me.

      And yes, I might  have a slight case of road rage.

      Driving seems to bring the worst out in me. I get angry, I curse, hit the steering wheel, and yell. I know I'm not the best driver in the world, but somethings irritate. Not using turn signals is a biggie. Or like last week, when an old man races you and cuts you off. And my favorite, when there is construction, and you need to get over into one lane, so everyone does so nicely, until you have that one person who thinks they're so important that they need to cut to the front....And someone lets them in!!!

     Sorry for the rant.

     Anyways, if you got a driving pet peeve what is it?


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment