Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I'm horrible at keeping goals...

So my last post was over a year ago, and in it I said I was going to keep this thing going....well I didn't. Oops, I'm human. And here I am again, going to re-restart this blog. I don't plan on many people seeing this, but it'll be nice to have a place to vent or explore my thoughts.

A lot has happened in the past year. I was promoted at work, started a new minor at school, was in a car accident (not my fault!), bought out the lease on my car, and as of last night quit my job and got a new one I'm starting in two weeks. Oh and I turned 21. Wow. I also have an idea of what I want to do after college, what?!?!

So another goal was to walk/jog to get into that half marathon. All talk, no doing. I have been trying to keep healthy though. I did start drink a lot more water and I'm going to the rec center tomorrow to get on an elliptical.

The saving money goal, I'm trying to work on still. I did pay off my credit card(!) but I have a weakness for sales. Sorry to my bank account for last week's Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale.

Enough with all that crap...

With every happy there is sad. A few weeks ago I went through a really tough week. I was really depressed, lifeless, numb, anxious and things I can't even explain. I did write a post last year on my past anxieties, but this was more. I was worrying my friends and co workers and myself. I knew something was wrong, but I just didn't feel like doing anything. And then it was just gone. I had several really bad days and then I felt happy again. Less pained (during that week, I had a ton of back pain). Even as I write this, I'm getting that anxious feeling in my chest for no reason at all. My breath is uneven and heavy, my chest feels pained. I know whoever is reading this is telling me I need to do something, and I will. Don't worry. I plan on going to a new therapist soon.

And so I don't leave you on a sad note, here's my idea of what I want to do with my life after college!

I added an electronic media minor which is a fancy way of saying broadcasting. I'd love to move down South, preferably Savannah, Georgia. I've been there twice and just love the feel of the city, it's probably the history buff in me. Plus it's a smaller market to start in, if I plan on going into TV news. But the inner child in me is longing for me to go to Florida, and work at Disney. In any capacity. My major is communication so my field of work is very open, but the electronic media will give me needed skills. Disney is also the parent company of ABC, which just happens to have Good Morning America, which stars my idol, Robin Roberts. I'm not much of a morning person, but to be an anchor on GMA would be a dream come true. I'd become a morning person!

I'm super excited to see where my life is going and for what God has planned for me.

:)

Always with love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment